Their dire warning?
A possible retaliatory Iran cyberattack.
According to their bulletin, issused on January 4….
- Iran maintains a robust cyber program and can execute cyber attacks against the United States. Iran is capable, at a minimum, of carrying out attacks with temporary disruptive effects against critical infrastructure in the United States.
- Iran likely views terrorist activities as an option to deter or retaliate against its perceived adversaries. In many instances, Iran has targeted United States interests through its partners.
- An attack … may come with little or no warning.
- At this time we have no information indiciating a specific, credible threat to the Homeland. Iran and its partners … have demonstrated the intent and capability to conduct operations in the United States.
How to Prepare
The following are ways you can be on the lookout in the coming weeks for suspicious activity….
- Watch for disruptions to cyber activity and network delays
- Do not click on any links in any suspicious emails
- At the very minimum, have a list of emergency contacts with you
- Use basic cyber hygiene (data backups, multi-factor identification, etc.)
- Eagle’s Computer Security: Back-to-Basics
Learn to Play the Long Game with Cybersecurity
How can you BEST protect yourself and your organization? It’s not an instant fix. It’s a mix of best practices, planning, and smart decisions. Here are few ways you can hedge your bets…