Ohio County DD Board Solutions
Eagle Consulting Partners (Eagle) has extensive experience serving organizations that serve the developmentally disabled, both public and private. Eagle has worked with Ohio DD Boards, group homes, and private agencies that provide support to the developmentally disabled. Recently, EAGLE was engaged by Special Olympics International to assist with its compliance obligations in the United States.
EAGLE has particularly deep experience with Ohio’s County Boards of Developmental Disability. Over the last 17 years, EAGLE has served over 70 of Ohio’s county boards, including the following projects:
- Partnership in 2005 with the OACBDD to assist over 55 boards with HIPAA Security compliance, including comprehensive HIPAA Security policies, creation of a tool for risk analysis report creation, a 3-day training program and preparation of customized risk analyses using this tool
- Presentations both for the OACBDD Tech Alliance and at the OACBDD Annual Meeting regarding HIPAA on various topics regarding HIPAA compliance
- Creation of 3rd generation confidentiality and computer security policies and procedures for Ohio County Boards, which integrate and simultaneously comply with HIPAA, FERPA, IDEA and Ohio Revised Code regulations, currently used by over 20 county boards
- Multiple training programs for over 40 County Boards and one COG regarding the HIPAA Omnibus Rule changes
- Created HIPAA policies and procedures for a County Board’s self-insured employee group health benefit plan
- Multiple engagements with individual County Boards to conduct computer security risk analyses, integrate EAGLE confidentiality policies into the overall county board policy manual, conduct HIPAA audits, train staff on HIPAA requirements and assist with HIPAA implementation
Services that are available include:
- Computer Security Risk Analysis. HIPAA requires that a computer security risk analysis be done. Eagle uses a comprehensive protocol that evaluates technical security capabilities, administrative processes such as background checks and termination procedures, and employee security awareness through simulated phishing attacks. Eagle provides you with a report that identifies risks, provides recommended courses of action, and prioritizes the risks that are most urgent. Eagle has experience working with GateKeeper, Intellivue, and other software commonly used by DD boards.
- Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures. HIPAA requires that confidentiality and security policies and procedures be maintained to protect the confidentiality of PHI. Eagle has policy templates for county DD boards in the policy store that are compliant with HIPAA, FERPA, IDEA, Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code. Eagle can also customize the policies for your individual needs.
- Privacy Risk Analyses. Do you have voluminous paper records that contain PHI? Don’t know where to begin? Eagle Consulting uses a protocol to identify storage areas of records that contain PHI, quantify the number of records in that space, and document the security features of the storage area. Eagle Consulting then provides you with a report of the number of records in each storage area, the risk that each area poses, and steps to reduce the risk.
- Technical Vulnerability Analysis
- Data Breach Response
- Policy Gap Analyses
- HIPAA Compliance Audits
- HIPAA Training
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Other HIPAA Related Services